Resumption of direct customer service
From May 25 this year the Office for Foreigners restores direct customer service at Taborowa 33 in Warsaw. It will be necessary to comply with sanitary rules resulting from the state of epidemic in Poland. Direct customer service in cases related to foreigners was also reinstated in the majority of voivodeship offices.
Customers will be served in accordance with the following sanitary rules resulting from the epidemic status associated with SARS-CoV-2 virus in Poland:
- At the entrance to the building, the temperature will be measured for each person. In case of elevated temperature (above 38°C) a person will not be served.
- Each person is required to cover their mouth and nose with a mask, possibly clothing or parts thereof.
- Each person is required to put on gloves or disinfect their hands (including gloves in which they came to the office).
- Persons without a covered face and disinfected hands / gloves will not be served.
- A maximum of 5 people can be in the service room at a time. The number of people is controlled by security guards.
- All persons are obliged to comply with the orders of security officers.
In addition, you can still do business by phone at 22 601 75 75 or by email.
In the Office for Foreigners at Taborowa 33 direct customer service is provided regarding:
– social assistance and medical care for foreigners applying for international protection (box No. 1);
– clerical services in the field of cases conducted solely by the Office for Foreigners (information office – box No. 2) – note: this does not apply to proceedings conducted by the Department of Foreigners of the Mazowieckie Voivodship Office (3/5 Marszałkowska Street)[i];
– issuing documents for foreigners applying for international protection, taking fingerprints (box No. 3) – note: issuing residence cards and Geneva travel documents after prior appointment at the office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone : 22 6017528;
– return of travel documents and issuing copies of decisions (box No. 4);
– appointment at doctor’s office at Taborowa 33 is possible only after prior telephone contact to schedule appointment at: 22 60 175 43.
Entries for the review of administrative files shall remain suspended until further notice.
Direct customer service was also reinstated by most departments responsible for conducting cases related to foreigners at the voivodeship offices. Please note – different rules for rendering services may apply at different voivodeship offices.
In principle, clients may only visit the office after prior schedule, which means that it is currently not possible to enter the office unannounced. The services are also limited to specific types of matters and activities (i.e. collecting residence cards, supplementing formal defects after receiving a request of the administrative body).
If you intend to visit a voivodeship office to:
- file an application for granting a permit for residing in Poland (temporary/permanent/ long-term EU residence permit)
- file an application to register the stay of an EU citizen or a document confirming the right of permanent residence of an EU citizen, issuing a residence card or a permanent residence card of an EU citizen’s family member
- provide fingerprints or to supplement formal defects in an application submitted in person before the direct services had been suspended by the voivode
- provide fingerprints or to supplement formal defects in an application submitted via the post office before the direct services had been suspended by the voivode or at a time when direct customer service was not provided
- collect a decision issued by the voivode in administrative cases related to the legalisation/registration of stay
- collect an invitation, a residence card, a certification on registering the stay of an EU citizen or a document confirming the right of permanent residence
- consult the case file
- provide evidence
- file an appeal against a decision issued by the voivode
- for another reason related to an administrative case regarding the legalisation of stay conducted by the voivode
Please refer to the information provided on the website of the specific office:
The Office for Foreigners does not provide information regarding the manner of operation of the departments for foreigners in voivodeship offices and does not as an intermediary for scheduling visits at voivodeship offices – if you wish to obtain information regarding the customer service, please contact the voivode directly.
[i] With regards to administrative cases regarding the legalisation of stay, the Office for Foreigners accepts only the foreigners (or their representatives or plenipotentiaries), whom it has requested, for instance, to supplement formal defects or evidence, as well as those who wish to supplement evidence in proceedings carried out by the Office for Foreigners, regardless whether they have received such request.
Other cases in which customers are accepted in person, i.e. in relation to the need to carry out an interview, are scheduled per the initiative of the Department for Legalisation of Stay at the Office For Foreigners or scheduled only in highly justified cases (i.e. the requirement to collect a decision in person) – only in cases conducted by the Office for Foreigners.
The requests issued by the voivodeship offices, including, among others, the Department for Foreigners of the Mazovia Voivodship Office, for instance, to supplement the formal defects in an application or to supplement the documentation with regards to a case related to issuing a residence permit shall not be handled by the Office for Foreigners.
The Office for Foreigners also does not issue residence cards except for the cases related to granting international protection.