When the residence card should be replaced
The residence card shall be replaced in the case of:
- a change of data included in the previous residence card;
- a change of the face image of the holder of the residence card as compared to the face image placed in this card, if the new image would hinder or prevent the identification of the holder;
- its loss;
- its damage;
- acquisition by the Republic of Poland the responsibility for international protection of the holder of the residence card issued in connection with granting the residence permit for EU long-term resident with an annotation referred to in Article 244, passage 1, item 18;
- acquisition by another member state of the European Union of the responsibility for international protection of the holder of the residence card issued in connection with granting the residence permit for EU long-term resident.
The residence card shall be replaced on the foreigner’s application. The application shall be submitted on the form.
When and where the application should be submitted
The completed application form for the replacement of the residence card should be submitted by 14 days after the occurrence of the premises for its replacement.
Foreigners who stay in Poland on the basis of the temporary residence permit, permanent residence permit or long-term resident’s EU residence permit, shall submit the application for replacement of the residence card to the Voivode competent with regard to the place of their stay.
Foreigners who have been given a permit to stay for humanitarian reasons shall submit the application for the replacement of the residence card to the commanding officer of the Border Guard unit or commanding officer of the Border Guard institution, competent with regard to the place of their stay.
Note: in the case of a loss or damage of the residence card, the foreigner should additionally immediately notify the authority that issued this document.
The notification should take place within 3 days from the day of the loss or damage of the residence card. The notifications shall be made on the form. In such a situation, the foreigner is given a free certificate confirming this fact.
- The completed form of the application;
- Photocopy of a valid travel document (original available for inspection), in a particularly justified case when the foreigner does not have a valid travel document and it is not possible for them to obtain it, they may present another document confirming their identity
- 2 up-to-date photographs;
- documents necessary for the confirmation of data and circumstances specified in the application.
Note: The lack of any of the aforementioned documents will result in the call of the foreigner to supplement it within 7 days from the delivery of the call, under pain of leaving the application without examination.
The authority competent for issuing the residence card collects fingerprints from the foreigner who submits the application for the replacement of the residence card. The fingerprints are collected from the foreigner who turned 6.
Receipt of the residence card
The foreigner shall receive the residence card in person.
In the event when the residence card was issued to the foreigner who did not turned 13, the card shall be received by their statutory representative or probation officer.
Fee for issuing the residence card
The replacement of the residence card is subject to the fee in the amount of 50 PLN.
A discount in the fee for the replacement of the residence card shall be entitled to foreigners:
- who are in a difficult financial situation;
- whose purpose of residence is education at high school or university on the territory of the Republic of Poland
- minors who have not turned 16 on the day of submitting the application for issuing or replacement of the residence card or document.
A discount in the fee for replacement of the residence card is 50% of the aforementioned amount.